* Chief oversight of a large complex multidisciplinary Primary Care Service, to include
supervisionofPhysicians, APNs, RNs, LPNs, Pharmacists, and administrative personnel on the two medical center campuses and eight Community Based Outpatient Clinics.
* Five or more years Primary Care clinical experience
* Excellent communication and leadership skills to insure successful development, administration and clinical regulatory environment of the CAVHS Primary Care service.
* Ability to maintain and motivate a cohesive, highly skilled team of professional and clerical staff.
* Participation on hospital level committees.
* Maintains primary responsibility for business, budgetary, and strategic planning for Primary Care service, reporting directly to the hospital Chief of Staff.
* Maintains primary responsibility for quality management and accreditation standard compliance oversight for Primary Care service, reporting directly to the hospital Chief of Staff.
* Actively recruits well qualified staff and fully engages in focused and ongoing professional practice evaluations in addition to direct administrative supervision.
* Serves on VISN and facility level committees and performs other Medical Center Director and Chief Of Staff delegated assignments.
* Ensures staff and organizational adherence to VA, VHA, VISN, and local policies and directives
* He/she works with the service leadership to ensure that the programs reflect the mission and priorities of VHA and VA and promotes an effective mix, coordination and support of other clinical programs by evaluating current and potential patient population, clinical workload and resource,
special program mandates and cost/benefit analyses making recommendations to the facility Chief of Staff and ensuring implementation of approved clinical proposals.
* Remain clinically active in an extensive range of patient care including evaluation and
treatment of routine and complex acute, sub-acute and chronic health conditions.
Work Schedule:Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Citizenship of the United States. Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with Department of Veterans Affairs policy.
Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
Completion of a first-year residency, or its equivalent, approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which it was completed.
Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Physical requirements outlined below.
Internal Medicine board eligible or board certified is preferred.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard:
VA HANDBOOK 5005 DECEMBER 17, 2015 PART II APPENDIX G2
(4) Service Chief or Line Manager. A Service Chief or Line Manager physician must demonstrate the
(a) Outstanding professional ability in the practice of medicine or a medical specialty;
(b) Ability to guide the development and implementation of programs within their respective domain. These programs would include, but are not limited to medical practice, professional standards, personnel issues, quality and performance improvement.
Physical Requirements:?, Staff Physician- Moderate lifting 15-44 pounds; Light carrying (under 15 pounds); Reaching above shoulder; use of finger; Both hands required; Walking 6 hours; Standing 6 hours, Both eyes required; Depth perception; Ability to distinguish basic color; Ability to distinguish shades of colors; Hearing (aid permitted), Mental and Emotional stability Sitting 8 hours.
All Applicant are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
6 Notice of Personnel Action, (SF-50), from your Official Personnel Folder, noting current grade, salary, position title and tenure (if current or former Federal Employee). You must also include the SF-50 noting highest grade or highest previous rate. (Current CAVHS employees only: if your current SF-50 is not available through eOPF, you may contact your HR Specialist for assistance in getting a copy. However, a copy of your current SF-50 must be submitted with your application prior to the closing date of this announcement).
Please use this checklist to ensure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1963636.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.