1. Complies with the established departmental policies and procedures of the Operating Room/Sterilization Department. Complies with the rules and regulations regarding the application of Universal Precautions and OSHA Standards. Adheres to all Federal, State, and local regulations.
2. Performs assigned Quality Assurance Monitoring (audits) duties as assigned.
3. Assumes charge position when assigned or in absence of management personnel and other duties that are appropriate to the position and area.
4. Performs cleaning and maintenance duties as assigned in the department.
5. Acts as a liaison and resource person between the Operating Room/Sterilization Department and other hospital departments, staff members, patients, patient family, visitors and vendors.
6. Retrieves soiled supplies and patient care equipment from user areas during routine pick up and decontaminates, cleans and inspects all equipment, both emergency and regular, and supplies ensuring the items are safe for patient and staff use. Orders, distributes, and maintains an accurate log of all rental, hospital owned and loaner equipment including instruments leaving and/or returning to the department. Maintains adequate supply levels both in the assigned work areas as well as the department.
7. Demonstrates competency in the operation of decontamination equipment according to the manufacture's recommendation. Demonstrates knowledge in the proper disinfections, cleaning and inspection of instruments and equipment in the decontamination area.
8. Demonstrates competency in the operation of steam sterilizers, Sterrad (gas plasma) sterilizers, Eto sterilizers and Steris (par acidic) sterilizers.
9. Demonstrates competency in biological testing of the steam sterilizers, Sterrad (gas plasma) sterilizers, Eto sterilizers and Steris (par acidic) sterilizers. Insures that all documentation is complete and accurate in the sterilization processes.
10. Demonstrates a sound knowledge in the identification of instrumentation.
11. Inspects all instrumentation for malfunction and removes from circulation, If applicable, and reports findings to the appropriate personnel.
12. Arranges and verifies instrumentation according to the instrument tray count sheet and labels instrument trays if instrumentation is missing. Notifies appropriate personnel of missing instruments.
An excellent, team focused work environment with opportunity for professional growth.
Competitive salary and savings plan with company match.
A variety of health, dental and vision plans.
On-site child care, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
Requirements: - One to two years experience in operating room as a central service technician. - Knowledge of instrumentation, infection control, sterilization procedures and safety precautions. - Certification from an approved CSP Technical Institute. - High School Diploma or equivalent.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is proud to be South Florida’s hospital of choice for great medicine. With more than 3,500 employees, 500 volunteers, 672 beds, 26 operating suites and more than 700 physicians, Mount Sinai is Florida’s largest private independent not-for-profit teaching hospital. It takes the contributions of many individuals to make Mount Sinai the world-class institution it is today. ...As a TEAM, we have focused our efforts on assuring that our patients receive medical care of the highest quality. We’re looking for motivated professionals who seek the challenge and stimulation of working in an academic medical center with an international reputation.