The Nurse Case Manager will participate as an active member of the US Medical Services team.
Critical performance areas include the following:
- Organize and review pre employment, certification exposure medical assessments
- In consultation with physician where required, assess medical fitness for work
- Oversight of clinical services of medical providers, including pre employment, expert consultations, SAP assessments
- Oversight of contracts with medical providers, including quality control and compliance with CN requirements
- Medical expertise to all CN functions, management and employees
- Support early safe return to work as expert resource to CN on best practices in railway medicine, occupational health and disability management, including process improvement, cost savings and efficiencies.
- Registered Nurse with minimum of 3 years disability case management experience (such as workers compensation, insurance, fitness for duty assessments)
- Excellent clinical judgement and minimum of 5 years clinical experience (for example: emergency or intensive care unit)
- Medical documentation and communication compliant with professional practice
- Ability to multitask and manage changing priorities
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An understanding of fitness for duty and the impact on safety and lost work days.
- HRIS database navigation
- Interaction with occupational medicine clinics and physicians regarding CN protocols and programs
- An understanding of ADA, HIPAA, and privacy act with regard to confidential medical information management
- Exercise good judgment in all decision making and problem solving
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work on a team
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office systems
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Business atmosphere
- Monday through Friday office hours 40 hours per week
CN can offer you more than a job. We can put you on the right career track — with the opportunity to grow, innovate, lead and succeed — at a world-class transportation leader.
Over 23,000 passionate people power CN in North America. 23,000 men and women with more than just a job at CN. Each and every one of them is an integral part of our great success story.
We are growing, hiring at a ra...pid pace and bringing in a new generation of railroaders who will carry CN well into the 21st century. To address growing business and upcoming retirements, we are focusing on replenishing our workforce with motivated, passionate team players. Professionals whose skills and interests are the right fit not only for our wide array of career opportunities, but also for our company and what we stand for.