The National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO), a national organization representing approximately 2,800 local health departments (LHDs) nationwide, has an immediate opening for a part-time Foundation Assistant.
The Foundation Assistant is responsible for providing professional support for The Foundation for the Public’s Health office operations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, administrative and clerical support; dealing with The Foundation’s many publics; as well as supporting the President. The work of the Development Administrative Assistant supports the functional work of the department, typically follows standard processes, procedures, and solutions, and includes basic project coordination (organizing, budgeting, and complex scheduling), research, analysis, and writing.
The Foundation Assistant understands policies, standards, and their application to their work. He or she typically performs under moderate direction, analysis, research, writing, and can complete projects or components of large scale projects/programs with little supervision. The Development Administrative Assistant may have frequent contact with outside organizations or internal stakeholders that may involve project coordination, information sharing, or resolution of problems. They may be required to attend external meetings.
POSITION SPECIFIC DUTIES
• Directly support the Foundation President as well as administer and perform administrative and clerical functions for The Foundation • Manage office, maintain office supplies and equipment • Answer telephone, transfer calls, and greet visitors to the foundation • Perform correspondence with donors, volunteers, scholarship recipients and nonprofit • organizations by email and mail • Assist with preparing donor presentations • Prepare and copy Board of Trustee meeting materials • Answer grant, scholarship, philanthropy award inquiries and general questions about The Foundation • Assist with events and receptions by coordinating RSVPs, nametags, and varying event support • Assist with preparing donor presentations • Schedule meetings and conference calls • Write meeting and conference call minutes • Organize meeting logistics • Database entry • Process check requests, travel expense forms, and other administrative paperwork • Establish contracts and contract files, and process invoices and payments • Coordinate mailings and shipment of foundation materials • Perform other job duties, as needed
Foundation Assistants will have an Associate Degree or equivalent relevant field and two years related experience; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Some persons holding bachelor’s degrees may accept positions at this level in order to gain the experience or exposure needed to obtain a specialist position.
• Experience working in an association environment preferred. • Knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment. • Intermediate Excel knowledge. • Medium-level computer skills with Microsoft Office Word and Excel required. • Strong proficiency with Boomerang/Sales and Prezi Presentations • Works well with many different audiences
• Part-time, Non-Exempt, TERM: This position is considered Fiscal Year term, however it is a mission critical role. NACCHO will continually strive to maintain funding for all positions.
• HIRING SALARY RANGE: $23.38-$25.72 hourly commensurate with experience
• SELECTION PROCESS: We only accept applications that follow the electronic process. No phone calls please. This position is subject to background screening. Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume, one writing sample with salary requirements to: PN-TBD-Foundation Assistant: https://naccho.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/614c757a-23bf-b3d8-aba6-368cd7de22f0/apply?source=535766-CS-2909
NACCHO offers generous benefits plan including but not limited to 13 days of sick leave annual leave allowable accumulation up to 225 hours, and paid vacation leave, as well as other types of leave. NACCHO benefits include a generous health, dental, and vision plan, 5 percent of base salary contribution to 403(b) plan, (not a matching contribution); paid short and long term disability plan and paid term life insurance. NACCHO also offers discounted gym membership.
At NACCHO, our commitment to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action seeks to ensure a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We respect and value work force diversity among all employees and all those with whom we do business.
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with experience.