Assist Manager of Accounting and Director of Finance with accounting functions including reconciliations and financial reporting.
1) Prepare account reconciliations.
2) Prepare monthly general and standard journal entries as needed.
3) Assist with financial statements and comparative reports.
4) Assist with monthly close of all practices in an accurate and timely manner.
5) Assist with independent auditor information requests for interim and year-end audit.
6) Assist with preparation of federal, state and other governmental reports such as annual tax returns, ERISA reports, and sales tax reports.
7) Assist with ensuring that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly and supported by valid detail.
8) Assist with compliance with all external arrangements (leased Associates, billing arrangements, etc.).
9) Provides various practice reporting as requested by Manager of Accounting and Director of Finance.
10) Assists with accuracy and completeness of fixed assets and records, including depreciation and amortization.
11) Assists in the annual budgeting process.
12) Participates in professional development activities.
13) Follows the CHRISTUS Physician Group guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
14) Maintains strict confidentiality.
15) Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission.
16) Maintains established CHRISTUS Physician Group policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
17) Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of CHRISTUS Provider Network's cultural diversity objectives.
18) Supports and adheres to CPG Service Guarantee.
Our Mission: WHY WE EXIST. To extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ. Our Core Values: WHAT WE BELIEVE IN.DIGNITY Respect for the worth of every person, recognition and commitment to the value of diverse individuals and perspectives, and special concern for the poor and underserved. INTEGRITY Honesty, justice, and consistency in all relationships. EXCELLENCE High standards of service and per...formance. COMPASSION Service in a spirit of empathy, love, and concern. STEWARDSHIP Wise and just use of talents and resources in a collaborative manner.Our Vision: WHAT WE ARE STRIVING TO DO. CHRISTUS HEALTH, a Catholic health ministry, will be a leader, a partner and an advocate in the creation of innovative health and wellness solutions that improve the lives of individuals and communities so that all may experience God's healing presence and love. Our Name and Symbol:WHO WE ARE. CHRISTUS is Latin for "Christ," and proclaims publicly the core of our mission. OUR NAME choice also recognizes the heritage of our two congregational sponsors, the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word in Houston and San Antonio. Jesus Christ is the Incarnate Word, the Word of God made flesh. It is, therefore, only fitting that it is in another form of His name that our health ministries are called together. OUR SYMBOL Reflects the healing ministry of Jesus Christ - a combination of a medical cross and a religious cross. The flowing banner on the cross is a common symbol of the risen Christ, while the royal purple signifies Christ. The flowing banner also conveys a sense of motion as we move forward into a new era of service to our communities.