Under the direction of the clinical Chief Administrative Officer, this position is responsible for the day to day management of the 24/7 Hospital Laboratory located in the Surgery and Emergency Services Pavilion (SESP), including Automated Chemistry, Urinalysis, Hematology, Coagulation, Transfusion Services, and Point of Care (POC). This position works closely with the Clinical Specialist Supervisor of the pre-analytical Specimen and Report Center (SARC). The incumbent supports departmental goals through the management of timely and accurate blood and body fluid processing and analysis; evaluating and implementing new procedures, methods or instruments; scholarly publications; and quality assurance monitoring for several technical sections. A primary focus is on supporting the section supervisors with long range planning, project implementation, and collaboration with other departments to meet hospital goals and initiatives.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at:
Requisition number #047221
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
• Must possess current California State issued Clinical Laboratory Science license.
• Technical knowledge of Chemistry, Urinalysis, Hematology, Coagulation, Transfusion Services, and POC processes and procedures as necessary within the scope of job responsibilities.
• Knowledge of Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement principles.
• Knowledge of HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) and patient confidentiality, privacy and security.
• Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute guidelines (CLSI), College of American Pathologists requirements (CAP), and Joint Commission (JC) clinical laboratory regulations.
• Knowledge of laboratory and hospital information systems (LIS/EMR).
• Knowledge of operational requirements of lab analyzers, instruments and equipment.
• Teaching and communication skills necessary for interactions with CLS and MLT trainees, medical students, pathology residents, and physicians.
VERIFICATION OF LICENSURE WILL BE REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPOINTMENT.THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION AND PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN.