The Practice Manager will oversee the clinic operations for Primary Care, Urgent Care and the Specialty Practice at one of our brand new facilities located in Elma, Washington. The clinic is located 30 minutes outside Olympia Washington and provides care to patients throughout Grays Harbor and Thurston counties. The Summit Pacific Clinic and Urgent Care Clinic are Rural Health Clinics, level 3 PCMH certification, and provides over 10,000 visits per year.
Responsible for effective and efficient clinic operations for assigned clinic(s). Collaborates with Clinic Director and Medical Providers to establish and implement common standards and achieve organizational goals and objectives. Coordinates coverage and work flow to ensure smooth operations within the practice and serves as expert for back office processes and procedures as well as familiarity of the front office processes.
1. Oversees the daily operations of the rural health clinic
2. Ensures high quality patient care is provided. Constantly assesses patient flow, wait times, and schedules. Takes action to resolve delays and maximize patient comfort.
3. Leads the daily team huddle and staff meetings.
4. Develops relationships with Providers; proactively addresses their needs and manages office operations to their expectations, in line with organizational practices and core values.
5. Creates and Maintains staff schedules. Provides coverage as needed for staff members (as applicable).
6. Monitors patient volumes, patient satisfaction, quality of care and performance of staff to identify areas for improvement. Develops and implements workflows and processes to enhance patient experience, increase efficiency, decrease costs, or improve daily operations.
7. Serves as a liaison across disciplines. Participates as an active member of various committees; leads work groups, projects and committees as assigned.
8. Executes management tasks in a accurate and timely manner. Manages clinic to meet service and performance expectations. Maintains appropriate staffing levels and competency of staff. Maintains equipment and physical space. Provides effective leadership and oversight of assigned staff; leads by example and provides support, guidance, coaching, and performance management when needed.
9. Maintains professional skills and awareness of regulatory changes, compliance issues, innovations and developments, through research and training/continuing education opportunities.
10. Performs special projects and other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge of practice management/clinic administration and operations, and patient/customer relations.
Ability to cultivate effective relationships and work collaboration with medical and administrative staff, patients and the public. Strong leadership, facilitation, delegation and coaching skills.
Proficient in the use of current technology, including Microsoft Office products. Ability to learn and effectively use electronic medical records and other systems and equipment.
Strong electronic medical records system experience preferred.
Professional and effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to identify and employ communication strategies appropriate to the audience. Ability to maintain accurate documentation and records.
Ability to work independently performing a wide variety of assignments that require the use of the independent judgement, problem-solving, organization and prioritization skills.
Demonstrated skill in process improvement, planning, organizing and change management.
Knowledge of the Patient Centered Medical Home practice model.
Knowledge of HIPPA privacy and security standards.
Five years of medical office or other related healthcare field
Progressive leadership experience in a medical office highly preferred
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Health Care or related field. Would consider BSN in Nursing with experience in Clinic Management. Masters Degree Preferred.
At Summit Pacific, our passion is providing exceptional care to our community and we are committed to being THE national model for patient-centered care.
Summit Pacific Medical Center is a Level IV Critical Access Hospital with 24-hour Emergency Services, three Rural Health Clinics, an Urgent Care Center, and an inpatient unit supported by a robust team of Hospitalists. Our new Hospital provide...s state-of-the-art technology in a healing, spa-like environment with an emphasis on quality, access and compassion. We take pride in leading the industry towards value-based medicine, population health, and patient-centered care.
We are seeking talented Leaders to join our Summit Pacific team. These Leaders must be team-oriented, innovative, flexible, passionate about the work they do, and committed to excellence.
If you are interested in learning more about our organization, please visit our website at https://summitpacificmedicalcenter.org/wordpress/