We're Satellite Healthcare, one of the country's most innovative providers of patient-centered dialysis and kidney disease services. Known for our collegial and supportive corporate culture, our medical and clinical staffs are highly motivated and committed to promoting patient wellness and improved quality of life. At our attractive and comfortable treatment centers, our patients receive unparalleled renal disease education and treatment, medical technology, nutrition programs and social services.
The Administrative Assistant (AA) works under the supervision of the Administrative Coordinator (AC) supporting patient admission and discharge processes, maintaining medical records, answering phones, filing and providing customer service. The AA is the first point of contact for many entering the center, and, as such, sets the professional tone pursuant to ICARE values.
Essential Functions The essential functions listed are not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. All employees must work in accordance with Satellite's I-CARE Standards.
A. As directed by AC, p erforms admissions for all patients.
1. Obtains medical records from hospitals, case managers, and/or doctors
2. Prepares and submits to Accounts Receivable documents for admission approval
3. Prepares admission packets
4. Explains admission documents to patient and obtains patient signatures if social worker is unavailable
5. Sends required documents to Accounts Receivable (AR) and the laboratory following admission
6. Orients visitors
7. Takes pictures of all patients upon admission for SPIN Station
8. Sets up medical records
9. As appropriate, prepares Medicare form 2728
10. Audits all admissions 30 days following admit
B. As directed by AC, performs discharges
1. Prepares discharge papers and obtains required signatures.
2. Audits discharge records
3. Boxes and sends discharge records to off-site storage
C. As directed by AC, maintains medical records (manual and SPIN)
1. Updates patient demographics and insurance quarterly (in SPIN and on Face Sheet) and sends completed forms and copies of new insurance cards to AR
2. Monitors histories and physicals and requests updates; updates dates of histories and physicals in SPIN as obtained
3. Thins records from active charts into overflow folders
4. Aud its active patient records
D. As directed by AC, does patient billing
1. Reviews billing monthly
2. Follows-up on billing discrepancies and missing information identified by AR
3. As appropriate, prepares billing reports for MDs and/or Kaiser
E. Miscellaneous additional tasks done as directed by AM:
1. Takes minutes at meetings
2. Manages petty cash.
3. Maintains and periodically cleans the center's "shared" electronic files
4. Maintains list of contacts for repairs for all office equipment/machines
5. Orders, stocks, and maintains front office supplies
6. Checks status of hospitalized patients and obtains hospital reports upon discharge from hospital
7. Per center, schedules Patient Care Conferences with doctors and invite patients
8. Maintains the Directory Binder with center contact information
9. Generates check requests depending on the needs/events of the centers
a. Welcomes and hosts incoming visitors within Satellite
b. Obtains food and beverages for center meetings, as requested
11. Front lobby
a. Makes sure it is clean and presentable
b. Obtains help for waiting patients when necessary
12. Arranges and/or assists social worker in arranging patient's transportation as needed
13. Assists social worker with patients' traveling arrangements to other centers and with arranging visits to Satellite center by non-Satellite patients
14. Files medical and administrative records
15. Updates emergency records monthly
16. Tracks MD electronic signatures or orders
17. Obtains patient signatures on annual medical records
18. Answers phones
19. Knows and follows all Satellite policies and procedures for medical records and infection control
20. Maintains lobby postings
21. Participates in CPR as required
22. Performs other duties as assigned
A. Liaisons with Social Workers on shared responsibilities
B. Contributes to harmonious and constructive working relationships with all staff members to promote a positive and productive atmosphere.
C. Promotes a teamwork approach by offering information, advice, and assistance to all staff members in a positive, courteous, and cooperative manner
D. Participates in self and/or peer evaluations
E. Communicates significant information to appropriate team members and documents in a clear, concise, and accurate manner
F. Actively participates in center's quality improvement program
G. Ensures the confidentiality of patient and employee information
Minimum Qualifications Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: High school diploma, GED or equivalent
Experience: One (1) year administrative experience required; two (2) years preferred; Customer service experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Computer skills/ proficiency with Windows applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and satisfactorily communicate in English
Satellite Healthcare – Improving the Lives of Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)In 1973, Norman S. Coplon, M.D. began Satellite Healthcare with the objective of improving the quality of life of his dialysis patients. Dr. Coplon established Satellite Healthcare as a not-for-profit, community benefit organization, which allows us to focus primarily on patients.Four decades later, Satellite H...ealthcare has shaped CKD healthcare in our industry, and continues to elevate the standards of patient care and innovation.Today, we provide a range of expert services to patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD). Satellite strives to individualize each patient's care to help him or her enjoy their life to the fullest.Satellite Dialysis — We operate 40 high-quality, state-of-the-art, patient-friendly dialysis centers that meet the long-term clinical needs of more than 4,000 CKD patients.Satellite WellBound — With more than 20 centers in place, we focus on personalized training and support for patients performing dialysis at home. In addition, WellBound provides a robust complement of pre-dialysis patient wellness education programs that can help prevent or slow the progression of early stage CKD.At each of our centers, we put our patients first by providing:Compassionate care with a personalized touchWellness education to empower longer, healthier livesBest clinical practices resulting in outcomes that consistently exceed industry performance standards Opportunities for nephrologists to focus on their patients in comfortable, state-of-the-art environmentsIn addition to patient care, our clinical research division works on finding medical breakthroughs for CKD patients by conducting both internal and external research.For more information, contact Info@SatelliteHealth.com.