Serves as a liaison between the referring/attending physicians, discharge planners, case managers, or referring hospital, home health agencies as well as nursing homes. Performs pre-admission assessments, providing medical director with the assistance to ensure that patients meet admission criteria. Updates patient assessments and provides recommendations to meet inpatient requirements. Works to promote the CHRISTUS philosophy and marketing in our service area through direct patient and family interaction.
JOB SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES:
1. Maintains consistency with Administrative and Departmental policies with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability.
2. Provides educational material as requested to hospitals, home health agencies, nursing homes, and community organizations. Serves as a liaison for physicians, nurses, case managers, therapists, etc., regarding inpatient admission. Initiates patient and family orientation, education and tours.
3. Communicates with physicians from SMHCC and other facilities to promote physician referrals to the program and demonstrates understanding of patient relations and marketing concepts. Serves as a member of the marketing department to implement marketing goals.
4. Serves as a liaison for SMHCC, SMRH and surrounding territories and as a provider representative for the PHO and MSO.
5. Plans and organizes territorial marketing goals and objectives. Participates in developing and implementing new programs and services.
6. Communicates with SMRH those patients who meet the criteria as a candidate for the Rehab Hospital. Provides assistance in arranging transportation and insurance verifications. Works closely with admissions and business offices to ensure admission criteria meet all government agencies and third party reimbursement and verification criteria.
7. Improves professional growth and development through continued education by attending seminars, workshops, and studying recent trends in both marketing and health care.
8. Maintains an admission/denial log, making recommendations for alternative placement if unable to service the patient in the Continuum of Care.
Our Mission: WHY WE EXIST. To extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ. Our Core Values: WHAT WE BELIEVE IN.DIGNITY Respect for the worth of every person, recognition and commitment to the value of diverse individuals and perspectives, and special concern for the poor and underserved. INTEGRITY Honesty, justice, and consistency in all relationships. EXCELLENCE High standards of service and per...formance. COMPASSION Service in a spirit of empathy, love, and concern. STEWARDSHIP Wise and just use of talents and resources in a collaborative manner.Our Vision: WHAT WE ARE STRIVING TO DO. CHRISTUS HEALTH, a Catholic health ministry, will be a leader, a partner and an advocate in the creation of innovative health and wellness solutions that improve the lives of individuals and communities so that all may experience God's healing presence and love. Our Name and Symbol:WHO WE ARE. CHRISTUS is Latin for "Christ," and proclaims publicly the core of our mission. OUR NAME choice also recognizes the heritage of our two congregational sponsors, the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word in Houston and San Antonio. Jesus Christ is the Incarnate Word, the Word of God made flesh. It is, therefore, only fitting that it is in another form of His name that our health ministries are called together. OUR SYMBOL Reflects the healing ministry of Jesus Christ - a combination of a medical cross and a religious cross. The flowing banner on the cross is a common symbol of the risen Christ, while the royal purple signifies Christ. The flowing banner also conveys a sense of motion as we move forward into a new era of service to our communities.