Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Senior Corporate Counsel in Renton, WA.
The Department of Legal Affairs (DLA) is seeking a Senior Corporate Counsel to be responsible, under the guidance of the Chief Legal Officer, for providing general legal services and assigned specific projects for the Providence Health & Services and St. Joseph Health ministries and their affiliated entities including Swedish Health Services (collectively "Providence St. Joseph Health"). The Senior Corporate Counsel provides legal advice, consultation, and policy analysis and interpretations of numerous areas of law and policy, and conducts research and analysis to provide policy recommendations.
In this position you will:
· Coordinate with the Chief Legal Officer, General Counsel, and Deputy General Counsels in providing assistance and guidance regarding Providence St. Joseph Health legal affairs.
· May serve as the "single point of contact" for Region(s)/other designated service line groups within Providence St. Joseph Health. As the single point of contact, the Senior Corporate Counsel is responsible for meeting periodically with Regional/service line administration, staying knowledgeable about legal needs within the Region/service line, assuring legal needs are met by triaging work for the Region/service line within DLA, developing internal DLA work-teams to meet Region/service line-specific needs, identifying challenges within the Region/service line, selecting/supervising outside counsel, as needed, and constructing and implementing a process within Region/service line administration designed to track and manage external legal costs.
· Prepare written opinions and guidance for the executive management teams and other internal clients, and draft and review contracts for the organization with emphasis on physician and vendor agreements.
· Achieve and maintain a level of expertise and demonstrate an advanced level of analytical and communication skills with regard to complex legal issues affecting health care entities (e.g., Stark, Medicare reimbursement, privacy laws, etc.).
· May be assigned responsibility for supervising Corporate Counsel, Associate Counsel and non-attorney staff and/or administrative duties within DLA.
· Have the ability to take primary responsibility for providing regular and timely legal information as a continuing educational resource for Providence St. Joseph Health including development of presentations and written summaries regarding regulatory/legal changes affecting such operations/ministries.
· Serve as lead attorney on sophisticated/material transactional matters such as joint venture formations, significant asset divestitures/acquisitions, etc.
· Provide guidance and interact with Providence's fiduciary and Community Ministry/Community Board members.
Required qualifications for this position include:
· The position requires a Doctor of Jurisprudence degree from an accredited law school, or the equivalent. Admission to state bar in Oregon, California or Washington required within one (1) year of start date.
· The position requires at least fifteen (15) years of relevant experience with five (5) years of experience working with a degree of independence successfully.
About the department you will serve:
Providence St. Joseph Health was established on July 1, 2016, creating the second largest Catholic health system and fourth largest non-profit integrated delivery system in the country, which provides a broad range of health and outreach services throughout the western United States. With total revenues exceeding $20 billion in fiscal year 2015, the health system family includes 50 acute care hospitals as well as home health agencies, hospice care, outpatient services, skilled nursing facilities, insurance plans and physician organizations. Providence St. Joseph Health includes more than 100,000 caregivers, 829 outpatient clinics, 23,000 physicians, across seven states. The system has 1.9 million covered lives.
The Providence St. Joseph Health family includes:
· Providence Health & Services
· St. Joseph Health
· Covenant Health in West Texas
· Facey Medical Foundation in Los Angeles
· Hoag Memorial Presbyterian in Orange County, California.
· Kadlec in Southeast Washington
· Pacific Medical Centers in Seattle
· Swedish Health Services in Seattle
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.