HealthCore, Inc., a health services research firm, is seeking a Researcher with experience in biostatistics or epidemiology to join our dynamic company. Founded in 1996, and now an independently-operating subsidiary of Anthem, Inc., HealthCore provides the health care system, biopharmaceutical industry, academia, and the Federal Government with "real-world" data to improve the quality, safety, and affordability of healthcare. HealthCore’s projects range from retrospective to large-scale, prospective studies in the areas of drug, vaccine, and medical device safety surveillance, risk management, pharmacoepidemiology, health outcomes, pharmacoeconomics, and comparative effectiveness research.
We are currently seeking a Senior Researcher or Researcher to join our Safety and Epidemiology Life Sciences Research team to work in our Wilmington, DE or Andover, MA office. The Senior Researcher/Researcher will lead research teams, including epidemiologists, clinicians, biostatisticians, programmers, project managers, and others, in support of multiple pharmacoepidemiology, risk management, and medical product safety research projects for a portfolio of clients in the biopharmaceutical industry.
• Lead or support the design and execution of pharmacoepidemiology, Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) assessments, and active monitoring studies in support of medical product safety research studies.
• Provide epidemiology subject matter expertise and lead or support research activities related to scientific study design, application of appropriate statistical methods, interpretation of results, reporting, and communication of results.
• Contribute to the development of protocols, statistical analysis plans, and reports.
• Lead or support the development of detailed specifications for study databases and analysis files, consistency checks, tables, and figures; communicates requirements to the programming group.
• Conduct review of administrative claims data and statistical output to ensure the superior quality of research activities and client deliverables.
• Lead or support initiatives that leverage and enhance HealthCore’s research environment.
• Publish research findings and present at professional scientific meetings.
• Present the company’s epidemiology expertise to prospective clients and support business development activities, including proposal development.
Qualifications This position requires a masters or doctoral level degree or relevant education in health sciences and/or equivalent training in epidemiology, biostatistics, health services research, or a related field, plus experience (number of years of experience required depends on position level). Key competencies • Superior knowledge of epidemiology concepts and statistical methods. • Experience leading research teams in the design and execution of epidemiology studies. • Experience consulting for the life sciences industry a plus. • Proficiency in SAS statistical software is required. • Experience with healthcare claims data and knowledge of advanced statistical methods used in the evaluation of healthcare claims data. • Strong attention to detail, adaptable to changing priorities, innovative in conducting statistical analysis, and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects to ensure their quality and on-time delivery. • Excellent communication skills and work well in a team environment.
Working at HealthCore In addition to a dynamic work environment, HealthCore offers a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits program including a 401(k) plan; health, dental, and vision insurance; discounted fitness club membership; life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance coverage; tuition assistance, an employee stock purchase plan and free parking. As an independently operating subsidiary of Anthem, HealthCore offers the resources of the nation’s leading health benefits company in a small company environment.
HealthCore is headquartered in Wilmington, DE, midway between New York City and Washington, DC, with offices in Andover, MA and Alexandria, VA. To learn more about us or apply for a position, please visit www.healthcore.com.