This position is PRN (hours are not guaranteed and you must be able to work any shift that opens -as needed - variable schedule).
Patient Access Representatives facilitate a welcome and easy access to the facility and are responsible for establishing an encounter for any patient who meets the guidelines for hospital service. Patient Access staff ensures that all data entry is accurate including demographic and financial information for each account. Patient Access has numerous procedural requirements including data elements, insurance verification, authorization for services, and collections for all patient portions including prior balances. Patient Access staff is responsible for the successful financial outcome of all patient services. Patient Access communicates directly with patients and families, physicians, nurses, insurance companies, and third party payers. This position requires professional appearance, behavior, and good communication skills. Patient Access Representatives require dependability, flexibility, and teamwork.
1. Maintains consistency with Administrative and Departmental policies with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability.
2. Accurately inputs all required data elements for scheduling and registration, including patient demographic, financial information, guarantor information, and relevant notes associated with the encounter.
3. Verifies eligibility and obtains necessary authorizations for services rendered.
4. Calculates and collects the estimated patient portion based on benefits and contract reimbursement as well as prior balances.
5. Performs financial assessment for appropriate program assistance.
6. Communicates the purpose of and obtains patient/legal guardian signatures on all necessary hospital documents.
7. Represents the Patient Access department in a professional, courteous manner at ALL times.
8. Required to assist the hospital in the event of an internal or external disaster.
9. Supports the flexible needs of the department to accommodate patient volume in all areas of the hospital. This may require assignment to another area of the department, and shift change.
10. Supports the flexible needs of the department to accommodate patient volume in all areas of the hospital. This may require assignment to another area of the department, and shift change.
11. Supports the department in achieving established performance goals.
Our Mission: WHY WE EXIST. To extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ. Our Core Values: WHAT WE BELIEVE IN.DIGNITY Respect for the worth of every person, recognition and commitment to the value of diverse individuals and perspectives, and special concern for the poor and underserved. INTEGRITY Honesty, justice, and consistency in all relationships. EXCELLENCE High standards of service and per...formance. COMPASSION Service in a spirit of empathy, love, and concern. STEWARDSHIP Wise and just use of talents and resources in a collaborative manner.Our Vision: WHAT WE ARE STRIVING TO DO. CHRISTUS HEALTH, a Catholic health ministry, will be a leader, a partner and an advocate in the creation of innovative health and wellness solutions that improve the lives of individuals and communities so that all may experience God's healing presence and love. Our Name and Symbol:WHO WE ARE. CHRISTUS is Latin for "Christ," and proclaims publicly the core of our mission. OUR NAME choice also recognizes the heritage of our two congregational sponsors, the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word in Houston and San Antonio. Jesus Christ is the Incarnate Word, the Word of God made flesh. It is, therefore, only fitting that it is in another form of His name that our health ministries are called together. OUR SYMBOL Reflects the healing ministry of Jesus Christ - a combination of a medical cross and a religious cross. The flowing banner on the cross is a common symbol of the risen Christ, while the royal purple signifies Christ. The flowing banner also conveys a sense of motion as we move forward into a new era of service to our communities.