Intake Department Coordinator Quail Run Behavioral Health Hospital- FT or PRN
Universal Health Services, Inc.
August 24, 2018
QUAIL RUN BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
The Coordinator of Assessment & Referral is accountable for coordinating the Assessment and Referral activities at the facility. This position involves extensive contact with the community and interfaces closely with the Director, utilization review staff, Quail Run Behavioral Health Hospital business office staff and clinical staff to insure continuity of communication. This position is also responsible for inquiry calls, insurance verification, payment collections at the time of admission and scheduling of evaluations and admissions.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS ARE CATEGORIZED UNDER THEÂ JOINT COMMISSIONÂ STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE.Â
1. Telephone screening of all inquiry calls with appropriate referrals made for any emergency situations and appointments scheduled as indicated.
2. Documents inquiry calls in system data base
3. Coordinates with other mental health facilities to obtain clinical referral information and schedule referrals within a timely manner. ( 2 business days)
4. Completes Admission paperwork in accordance with policy.
5. Posts Appointment schedule for following day and distributes to the receptionist, nurse and the Director.
6. Makes follow-up calls to those failing to show for scheduled appointments.
7. Assists with insurance benefits verification and completion of financial responsibility agreement with parents to ensure financial requirements are met for admission Professional Collaboration
1. Serve as a source of information for referral sources regarding services provided by the facility
2. Collaborates with Business Development Coordinator to provide referral source feedback, maintains referral source data base per system requirements
3. Ensures patients and families receive an orientation to the program.
4. Coordinates admissions with nursing staff to ensure timely admission to the program.
5. Coordinates initial family therapy appointment as part of the admission process
6. Coordinates transfer referrals from QRBH ensuring clinical data is received timely
7. Provides assistance with receptionist area as assigned
8. Coordinates with QRBH business office to insure compliance for upfront collection procedures. Prepares daily cash collections log, business office files and HMS insurance information.
9. Verifies insurance upon admission and monthly for Medicaid and CHIPS Job Requirements: QUALIFICATIONS Experience: A minimum of two (2) years direct clinical experience in a psychiatric or mental health setting Education: High School diploma or equivalent Additional Requirements: CPR and CPI training as outlined in New Hire Policy must be completed before providing direct care services.