Providence is calling a Commercial Compliance Consultant to Providence Health Plan in Beaverton, OR.
In this position, you will:
• Be responsible for handling various aspects of regulatory compliance activities for commercial health plan business (individual, employer group, and ancillary product lines).
• Evaluate new and existing state and federal laws and regulations in order to advise internal customers and advance the health plan’s interests.
• Represent the Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, and Government Affairs Department in internal implementation processes related to the health plan’s legal obligations and new business initiatives.
• Serve in a support role for the Senior Manager – Regulatory Affairs and as an internal subject matter expert to staff and leadership at Providence Health Plan (PHP) regarding regulatory requirements.
• Be responsible for analysis of legal obligations and complex regulatory reporting requirements.
• Perform tasks that impacts PHP’s legal and regulatory obligations as well as financial obligations to commercial Providence Health Plan customers.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelor’s degree -or-
• Associates degree and 4 years in a related field
• 5 years of relevant health plan, compliance and/or legal experience or experience in another regulated industry
• 5 years prior experience with 2 of the following is required:
• Process improvement, policy and procedure development, technical or legal writing, written customer communications.
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Answer the call.Providenceiscalling.jobs
When applying online, please reference job number 199812.
Providence Health & Services is an equal opportunity employer who provides competitive benefits, a drug-free workplace and supports work/life balance.
Internal Number: 199812
About Providence Health & Services
At Providence Health & Services, we are committed to providing for the needs of our communities—especially for those who are poor and vulnerable. In 2016, Providence Health & Services joined with St. Joseph Health to form Providence St. Joseph Health. Together, our diverse family of organizations employ more than 111,000 people who serve in 50 hospitals, 829 clinics and hundreds of programs and services in Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington.