Established in 1983, Dean Health Plan is the insurance services subsidiary of Dean and SSM Health. It maintains a position of leadership in insurance services through a physician-led integrated health system that improves the health of its members and delivers a superior level of service and care. We're looking for talented individuals committed to improving the health of community through innovation, partnership and integrity.
The Senior Director, Portfolio Management & Shared Services is responsible for the direction, coordination, management and oversight of Dean Health Plan’s portfolio management, project management and shared business functions (including CQI and Vendor Management). Works closely and collaboratively with the organization’s Executive Team, Management Team, Enterprise and System Architects, and Directors of IT Agile Delivery, as well as leaders across other SSM entities as appropriate, to prioritize, plan, initiate, execute, control and close initiatives that achieve specific goals and meet specific success criteria within approved timeframes and funding parameters.
• Director, Portfolio Management
• Director, Project Management
• Director, Shared Services
1. Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Business, Finance, Information Systems/Technology or a related field.
2. 10+ years of progressive business leadership experience, including 5+ years managing large-scale/complex projects, and 3+ years managing a large project portfolio.
3. Possesses a high degree of competency with portfolio and project management best practices, organization steering/governance, quality assurance, and related technology methodologies.
4. Experience with Lean Six Sigma, Total Quality Management, and/or other process improvement best practices. PMI PMP (Project Management Professional) or comparable certification.
5. Exceptional research, quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills with sound judgment. Able to evaluate information, develop short- and long-range goals, and plan, develop, organize and direct the work of large and complex teams. Ensures the employment of sound managerial practices.
6. Self-starter with ability to work independently and with teams. High degree of personal initiative and motivation.
7. Strong customer focus. Excellent communication (written and verbal), negotiation and interpersonal skills. Extensive facilitation/meeting management and interviewing experience. Excellent negotiation skills. Able to communicate work efforts with and present at both Executive and Board level meetings. Able to work effectively at all levels of an organization (both vertically and horizontally, and with technical and non-technical staff).
8. Strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills. Strong knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Project, Wrike or other project management software solutions.
9. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Able to work in a fast-paced, highly matrixed and constantly changing environment.
10. Strong business acumen related to operational, financial and general business practices. Able to apply knowledge across complex business areas and lead cross functional teams.
11. Strong healthcare industry knowledge and experience working with both payers and providers. Able to effectively partner with SSM’s hospitals and community providers to advance IDN priorities. Current understanding of healthcare strategy, business, regulatory and technology trends.
12. Working knowledge of health plan technology platforms, systems, and software.
13. Some travel is required.
1. Master's degree with an emphasis in Business, Finance, Information Systems/Technology or a related field.
2. Project management experience in the healthcare, health insurance or life sciences industries.
3. Lean Six Sigma Certified Green or Black Belt.
4. Experience working in an Agile delivery environment (preferably a Scaled Agile Framework) with SPC (SAFe Program Consultant) certification.
5. Exposure to various requirements analysis approaches and waterfall/agile/iterative SDLC methods.
6. Experience with Epic.
Additional Salary Information: Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Internal Number: 18016234
About Dean Health Plan/SSM Health
About Dean Health Plan
With access to more than 4,000 practitioners at nearly 200 primary care sites and 28 hospitals, Dean Health Plan is one of the largest and most diversified HMOs in the Midwest. It maintains a position of leadership in insurance services through a physician-led integrated health system that improves the health status of its members and delivers a superior level of service and care. Products include HMO and freedom-of-choice insurance plans for commercial and individual customers, Medicare and Medicaid programs, and third party administrator services.