Administrative Services Banner University Health Plans (BUHP) manage a variety of health plans. Our mission is to advance health and wellness through education, research and patient care. About Banner Health Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
POSITION SUMMARY The primary purpose of this position is to support Health Plan sales and operations by meeting assigned sales and persistency targets. In addition this position fosters corporate visibility, creates a positive image of the organization and educates individuals within the service area on all current and new products.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Coordinates outreach and sales activities in the states/counties in the service area in order to meet monthly sales goal.
2. Participates in member outreach and network meetings. Maintains knowledge of all current and new products. Provide education to internal UAHN staff on benefit changes. Identifies possible market issues to Plan Management with new product rollout.
3. Develops sales leads; provide presentations, sales follow-up and enrollment processing with prospective and current eligible individuals.
4. Maintains strong working knowledge of the benefit structure, CMS Sales and Marketing Compliance, Healthcare Marketplace rules and regulations, Arizona administrative code and related statues, and any organization/entity/law/act that govern health plan products.
5. Maintains a database of outreach and sales efforts, provide monthly reporting of sales and outreach. Tracks and trend various methods of outreach and sales.
6. This position works under supervision, prioritizing data from multiple sources to provide quality care and support. Incumbents work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with a strong focus on customer service. Interacts with staff at all levels throughout the organization.
Two years of healthcare marketing and/or sales experience.
Must possess or obtain (within 7 days) a current health care insurance license. Knowledge of federal/state laws, rules, and regulations as they pertain to health coverage issues; knowledge of Medicare, AHCCCS or similar healthcare agency relative to operations, market position, benefits structure.
Must be extremely organized, work independently and be a dynamic communicator and able to work flexible hours including some weekends
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge of commercial loan applications, financial reporting and IRS codes preferred. Experience with Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Oracle Reports. Access database experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R1508
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.