At Banner Health, we understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our more than 50,000 employees many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. The people of Banner Health are focused on delivering excellent care to our patients. In return, we are committed to excellence in personal development for all our employees.
In the role of Financial Analyst Consultant you will be a part of a growing, innovative, collaborative team within the Banner Insurance Division. The Financial Analyst Consultant will be supporting a complex and time sensitive budget process requiring a high level of database experience, organization and attention to detail. In conjunction with the annual budget preparation, you will prepare monthly variance analysis to be used in executive leadership decision making. You will be a subject matter expert in statistical analysis and large data interpretation contributing to the overall financial success of the organization. Sound experience and understanding of large data sets, Power Pivot and health insurance or accountable care organization accounting background will be a plus in driving successful achievement in this position. The Financial Analyst Consultant is based out of the Phoenix, AZ office and will have the opportunity to work from home.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Health Network (BHN) is an accountable care organization that joins Arizona's largest health care provider, Banner Health, and an extensive network of primary care and specialty physicians to provide the most comprehensive healthcare solutions for Maricopa County and parts of Pinal County. Through BHN, known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models, insurance plans and physicians are coming together to work collaboratively to keep members in optimal health, while reducing costs.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides analytical support for the financial positioning and future growth of assigned area/region. This position leads in the development, analysis, and preparation of financial plans, reporting and key performance indicators to achieve overall system and entity strategic goals and objectives.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides high level of financial expertise through analysis and interpretation of data gathered for decision support. Gather and challenge assumptions from various multi-disciplinary teams, develop financial proformas, and assist in preparation and presentation of business plans.
2. Leads key financial processes within assigned area or region (e.g. operating budgets, forecasting, program reporting and analysis, charge management, cost accounting, decision support, contracting and reimbursement analysis) by coordinating resources and communication and leading process teams.
3. Ensures regulatory compliance within the assigned business unit(s). Provides assistance, coordination and education, as necessary to internal customers for compliance within contractual and regulatory requirements.
4. Initiates and directs the identification and implementation of operating improvements and efficiencies by identifying important trends and variances through the review of management reports and financial analysis.
5. Implements and help guide processes to implement changes based on data. Provides strategic financial guidance based on high level analysis of various data elements.
6. Provides direction to coordinate implementation and support for financial systems based software products to enhance current and future system functionality. Develops and presents ongoing financial indicators and education programs based on the needs of assigned business unit(s).
7. Prepare accurate and timely management and regulatory reports by accessing information from a variety of sources and utilizing consistent reporting formats and assist in the development of meaningful performance measures.
8. Assignments located at various Banner locations will have regional accountability and will provide financial analysis support for multiple facilities within Banner.
9. Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Proven advanced analytical and modeling skills are necessary. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and prioritize multiple projects and use of sophisticated software programs. Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Position interacts with Regulatory Agencies, Information Services Benefits, Finance and Human Resources ensure timely, accurate and efficient reporting of data and processes. Incumbent must be able to read and understand technical pronouncements, identify compliance issues and make independent decisions. Assignments with in the Western Region will have regional scope and accountability.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent experience.
Requires a proficiency level typically attained with 7+ years of experience in financial management. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and prioritize multiple projects. Requires excellent human relations skills and the ability to effectively interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels staff and outside professionals.
Must be proficient in the use of sophisticated software programs. Proven advanced, analytical, and modeling skills are necessary. Must possess operational skills and knowledge in healthcare, strong leadership, and confidence.
Previous supervisory/team leadership experience preferred. Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred. Experience in healthcare financial management preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
DATE APPROVED 02/24/2019
Internal Number: R9843
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.