The Baylor Scott & White Health Care Access Service Representative III obtains current and accurate demographics and insurance information in order to register patient, verification of insurance benefits, negotiates and collects patient financial responsibilities. Provides support on special projects, account maintenance, and reports. Our Access Service Rep III communicates effectively with management regarding trends and monitors work flow for an optimum patient experience. In addition the Access Service Rep III provides leadership, serves as a mentor to other employees and may be responsible for covering supervisory assignments as necessary.
Other responsibilities include:
- Conducts patient interviews to obtain demographic and financial data for registration, insurance verification, precertification and billing.
- Verifies patient eligibility for insurance coverage and appropriate benefit levels for anticipated services. Calculate and Collect all patient liability due according to Baylor Scott & White Health Financial Clearance Policies related to existing and/or bad debt accounts.
- Determines patient liability and advises patient of deposit requirements per policy.
- Negotiates payment arrangements with patient where necessary per policy.
- Exhibits a high level of empathy with the ability to effectively communicate with patients and family members during traumatic events, while demonstrating exceptional customer service skills.
- Maintains a professional demeanor in a highly stressful and emotional environment, to include crime, behavioral health and/or suffering patients in addition to life/death situations.
- Assists patients to nursing units by providing directions, personal escort, and/or medical mobility assistance (ex; wheelchairs), when applicable.
- Interacts on an ongoing basis with all areas in order to provide appropriate information related to such items as: patient delays, change of schedules intra-departmentally and inter-departmentally.
- Verifies all cash deposits are balanced, performs quality assurance checks.
- Provides support on special projects, account maintenance and reports.
- Monitors daily workflows and notifies management of trends.
The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills and phone etiquette with patients, physician office and facility staff. The Customer Service Rep III will be a leader, team player, and be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Specialty/Department/Practice - Access Service
Shift/Schedule - Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:30pm
Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes*: - Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits - 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5% - Tuition Reimbursement - PTO accrual beginning Day 1 *Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- EDUCATION - Assoc or Equiv Experience
- EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 1 year experience required
Internal Number: 20014348
About Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!