A non-exempt medical office position responsible for providing direct nursing care in a medical office setting under the direction of a physician,
assists medical providers, and maintains a clean and safe environment in accordance with the policies and procedures of the practice.
1. Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician Resources.
2. Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
3. Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the
Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her
specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
4. Assists in the assessment of patient needs and health plan by taking vital signs, history, medication listing,
assessing visual acuity and determining chief complaint. Assesses patients? physical and mental status.
5. Completes all necessary documentation in the patient?s medical record in accordance with practice?s charting policy.
6. Prepares equipment and assists physicians with medical treatments, exams and medical procedures
7. Administers prescribed oral medications and gives intramuscular and subcutaneous and intradermal injections.
Performs venipunctures, CLIA-Waived and non-CLIA Waived lab testing.
8. Maintains a clean, orderly and safe environment for patients and visitors. This includes cleaning, sterilizing, and storing instruments in
accordance with practice policies. Stocks rooms in preparation for the daily work schedule. Takes inventory of medical and exam room supplies.
9. Complies with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially
infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, and other hazardous substances.
10. Arranges for specialized consultations and appointments
for testing as ordered by the physicians. Notifies appropriate insurance personnel to pre-certify surgeries or tests ordered by the physician or other
health care provider, which require pre-certification by the insurance company.
11. Answering office phones, assisting front desk in scheduling appointments and directing calls appropriately.
12. Assists in checking out patients and assists them with referral processing and scheduling process
13. Assist in other functions of the physician practice as needed
Required: High school diploma/GED required.
Completion of an accredited Medical Assisting Program OR equivalent relevant work experience in lieu of education
Required: Must have a minimum of one year of experience working in a physician office
Required: Medical Assistant preferred (required in some departments, will allow 90 days to obtain it) and CPR/BLS certification
Job: Phlebotomy/Blood/Medical Asst
Primary Location: Manteca, California
Facility: CALIFORNIA PRACT STAFF
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005043569
About CALIFORNIA PRACT STAFF
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.