Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weâ��re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
1. Assists with identification of patientâ��s emotional needs and needs of their family system in the area of crisis intervention.
2. Assists staff with support and direction as needs arise in areas of stress, death and dying, families/patients in crisis situations and/or in management of specific behavioral problems (i.e. hostile, hysterical or depressed patient and/or family.)
3. Maintains statistical information as requested.
4. Assist with mental health resources, where such opportunity exists.
5. Completes concise and timely documentation in patientâ��s chart.
6. Timely assessment of patients who desire medical and surgical care without the use of blood or blood products per Policy# 8630â�� B 1.0
7. Relates to patient/staff in a courteous, professional manner.
6. Identifies all high risk, high volume problem prone patients as indicated by QA plan in specified time frame.
7. Provides emotional support/ counsel/grief counseling as appropriate or needed.
8. Ascertains ,in conjunction with ancillary if referrals for assistance (i.e.: shelters, CCS, medi-cal, regional center, etc) are needed.
9. Assists families (if needed/requested) to help arrange for burials, cremations, etc.
10. Coordinates child abuse reports.
11. Refers SCN/Term Nursery patients for needed post discharge services (i.e.: family resource center, family support network, etc.).
12. Assists in discharge planning needs.
ADULT (19-69 YEARS)/ GERIATRIC (70 YEARS AND OLDER)
13. Identifies all high risk, high volume, and problem prone patients as indicated by QA plan in specified time frame.
14. Provides emotional support/ counsel/grief counseling as appropriate or needed.
15. Educates patient/staff about patientâ��s rights.
16. Provide patients, families, and staff with assistance regarding advanced directives completion, notary public, duties of agent, etc.
17. Ascertains (in conjunction with ancillary staff) if referrals for assistance (i.e.: etoh/drug rehab, shelters, etc) are needed.
18. Coordinates spousal/elder abuse reports.
19. Assists discharge planners with needs of patients as requested. 20. Completes other duties as assigned.
A. Minimum Education: Minimum of a Masters of Social Work (M.S.W.) degree. Knowledge and education necessary to obtain Clinical Social Work license in the State of California and current Clinical Social Work license.
B. A Social Worker working with the 0-21 years of age population must be CCS paneled within 6 months of hiring.
C. Minimum Experience: Two to three years social work experience in an acute hospital setting is desired.
D. Preferred Skills and Abilities: Capacity to deal with complex cases. Provides clinical supervision to M.S.W. Ability to apply psychosocial assessment to an adult (18 years or older) and pediatric (birth to 18 years) populations. Ability to apply the dynamics of normal and deviant behavior relating to mental health functioning of individuals, families and groups of ages 0-18 years for pediatric, 19-69 years for adult and over 70 years for geriatric populations based on assigned areas.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: PT1
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2105002126
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.