In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
The Customer Experience (CX) Program Manager is an essential member of the Clinical Performance Improvement team and oversees the operational aspects of implementing the customer experience strategy for Banner's Insurance Division, which serves approximately 1 million customers. The ideal candidate is customer-centric as well as an effective influential leader who has excellent communication skills, thrives in a collaborative environment, and demonstrates the ability to assure processes and systems support the ultimate goal of achieving an exceptional customer experience across the continuum of care.
Becoming a member of the Clinical Performance Improvement team affords the opportunity for career growth as well as working in a fun, collaborative, energetic, and innovative team. Our leaders offer continuous learning and growth.
This position is based in Colorado and will work remotely.
Banner Health Network (BHN) is an accountable care organization that joins Arizona's largest health care provider, Banner Health, and an extensive network of primary care and specialty physicians to provide the most comprehensive healthcare solutions for Maricopa County and parts of Pinal County. Through BHN, known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models, insurance plans and physicians are coming together to work collaboratively to keep members in optimal health, while reducing costs.
POSITION SUMMARY This position has overall accountability for providing leadership, direction, and administration of day-to-day operations for ensuring that experiences at all PHSO customer touchpoints exceed the expectation of customers and stakeholders and that they are provided in a financially responsible manner, while maintaining a high level of visibility with the areas they support. This role is accountable for the PHSO customer experience results, in conjunction with PHSO leadership, for ensuring a consistent experience is delivered to meet established customer experience goals. This includes partnering with the various departments to be an accountable consultant executing on all PHSO customer service initiatives and plans, developing plans to overcome issues and helping to put accountability in place at all levels in the organization. This position is responsible for driving, supporting and modeling a top-notch service-oriented culture focused on stakeholder engagement, and the overall PHSO customer experience for all PHSO customer touchpoints. Serves as a member of the PHSO Customer Experience team, building and supporting effective collegial relationships with applicable internal and external constituents and stakeholders and ensuring optimal customer experience is delivered consistently across the PHSO customer touchpoints they support.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Executes PHSO customer experience initiatives and training, in conjunction with system's and PHSO's priorities, plan and strategy, and oversees the customer experience of various PHSO customer touchpoints.
2. Accountable for all PHSO teams turning data into strategy to drive a consistently positive customer experience that meets the established goals. This includes providing leadership, guidance and development for staff, articulating and demonstrating expectations for delivering an exceptional experience.
3. Drives process improvements focused on delivering an ideal customer experience that promotes a customer-centered, engaging and healing environment. Promotes the use and implementation of technology in the workplace in order to streamline operations, facilitate communications, and optimize work processes.
4. Fosters a high level of collaboration within a highly matrixed environment in order to actively assist in driving culture change. Champions, models, and promotes customer experience philosophies and behaviors across touchpoints. Works very closely and ensures tight alignment with system and PHSO level strategy, plans and tools to enhance the overall customer experience.
5. Collaborates with system partners and PHSO leadership to evaluate customer survey data related to opportunities to improve the experience. Identifies and implements opportunities for improvement that enhance the experience skills of all PHSO team members, partners, and stakeholders.
6. Functions as an integral member of the PHSO Customer Experience team, serving in an advisory capacity to applicable team members, partners, and stakeholders. In collaboration with leadership team members, directs and provides oversight regarding the experience culture and plans that are tightly aligned with the system and PHSO. Leads by example with high visibility across all areas supported and influences change across PHSO customer touchpoints.
7. Promotes financial stewardship and experience excellence for the areas supported. Ensures strong communication and linkage to support system and PHSO customer experience work by utilizing tools, plans, initiatives, training, top tactics and other available resources to avoid duplication of effort while communicating to leadership any issues/gaps that need to be addressed. Participates in both internal and external meetings involving PHSO customer experience performance to ensure strong two way communication and alignment.
8. This position has customer experience leadership responsibility for assigned PHSO stakeholders and teams within a highly matrixed environment in order to facilitate integration among departments. Additionally, this position is responsible for executing and facilitating activities which promote an engaging and healing environment through educating and coaching team members, providers and leadership in relation to creating an exceptional customer experience. Stakeholders include leadership network providers, payers and team members.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Strong knowledge of healthcare operations customer service principles and practices as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor's Degree.
Must have and a strong working knowledge of process improvement, customer service, driving a culture, change management and project development as normally demonstrated through a minimum of seven years relevant experience. Experience implementing high quality services and programs in a healthcare environment. Proven track record of partnering with various stakeholders to achieve desired customer experience outcomes. Must have excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact and provide assistance to a diverse group of individuals. Advanced knowledge of process improvement principles and practices.
Must have a working knowledge of personal software packages. Must have the ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task workload in a fast paced environment. Proficient use of written language in composing a variety of presentations, policies, procedures, and other applicable communication pieces. Knowledge of conflict resolution strategies and techniques Skilled in solving problems in order to facilitate the communication network between patient and practice. Skilled in maintaining composure and professional demeanor in difficult and stressful situations. Skilled in effectively handling multiple conflicting assignments, demands, and priorities with great attention to detail; coaching non direct report employees.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Masters Degree in Business, Health Service Administration, or related field; Bachelors or Masters Degree in Education. Experience operationalizing customer service initiatives in a retail setting.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R17640
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.