Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
This position will support our Gyn Oncology work room.
Hours are Mon-Fri 8a-5p
University Medical Center Tucson PBCs Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patientcare, teaching future health-care professionals andconducting groundbreaking research. Also located onthe campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for itsspecialized pediatric services including neonatal andintensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies.Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is SouthernArizona's only Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we carefor the most critically injured patients. The hospital isconsistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in theprestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & WorldReport. Our nurses' innovative, safe and thoughtful carehas been recognized with Magnet (tm) designation fromthe American Nurses Credentialing Center. The hospital'sphysicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty servicesinclude comprehensive heart and cancer care, advancedneuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplantprogram.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is located in a medical clinic or physician's practice and coordinates the scheduling of appointments for physicians in the practice or surgical procedures, diagnostic tests, physical therapy, pain management, and other special tests as directed by physicians. This position is also responsible for obtaining necessary authorizations, pre-certifications and/or referrals.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides customer service for patients, families, hospital scheduling departments, and other physician's offices. Acts as a resource to resolve room availability conflicts.
2. Receives physician's orders and completes patient registration. Obtains necessary authorizations, pre-certifications and/or referrals. Works closely with the billing department to ensure accurate coding for all charges.
3. Schedules and re-schedules patients as necessary. Confirms patient's appointments for the following days and informs patients of physician's orders or special instructions prior to appointment or procedure.
4. Answers incoming calls, which may include screening calls, taking messages and providing information to patients, physicians, providers, hospitals and staff. Documents correspondence in the patient's medical record. Updates demographic and insurance information in the practice management system.
5. Assists physicians in examination room when required. Assists front office in answering phones, scheduling appointments, taking messages, prescription refills, locating information and other related duties when necessary.
6. May have supervisory accountability and/or provide direction to support staff.
7. This position has the responsibility of assuring efficient scheduling and workflow of the operation while maintaining outstanding customer relations. Interacts with patients, physicians, third party payers, vendors, registration and central scheduling staff, medical records, billing, and clinical staff.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
The position requires skills normally gained with 2 years of scheduling experience in a physician's office or hospital. Medical terminology may be required for some assignments. Must possess excellent communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
Must be proficient with commonly used office software and have the ability to use software typically used for medical practice management and scheduling.
Knowledge of ICD-9, CPT, and HCPCS coding is strongly preferred. Sound working knowledge of various types of insurance plans and/or worker's compensation preferred. Bi-lingual in Spanish may be preferred for some assignments.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R22204
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.