Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Do you have a passion for providing excellent customer service? Banner Imaging is currently looking for a Medical Imaging Assistant to join our dedicated and knowledgeable team at our Estrella location. We are a high volume, successful outpatient radiology practice requiring dedication and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks. We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. At Banner Health our mission is to Make health care easier, so life can be better. If you have a passion for health care and customer service, we want to hear from you.
In this role you will be joining a new and growing team at Banner Health. You will assist the technologist in day to day tasks, including but not limited to screening patients, taking history as well as starting IV's etc. There is opportunities to cross-train into different modalities along with opportunities for growth/promotions. We are open Monday-Saturday. We are close major holidays and do not have call. This position is a part time 16.5 hour a week position, working Friday 8-5 (8.5 hours) and Sat 630-3 (8 hours) with the possibility with more hours if we need additional coverage just not guaranteed each week. Our office is able to provide exceptional, consistent medical care with our dedicated staff who work together as a team to provide high-quality, comprehensive care while paying close attention to each patient's needs. We feel we have something special here at Banner Imaging and are looking forward to you joining our team.
Medical imaging plays a pivotal role in the delivery of excellent patient care at Banner Health. From detection and diagnosis to the treatment of illnesses and abnormalities, Banner Health's varied medical imaging and radiology services help physicians establish and execute individualized treatment plans. Medical Imaging professionals also enjoy access to: - State-of-the art technology - The latest in Picture Archival Communication System (PACS) technology - Relocation assistance - Tuition reimbursement - Continuing education programs - Career growth and promotion opportunities - Travel medical imaging technologist positions.
POSITION SUMMARY This position assists technologists and/or nurses in department by performing non-technical, patient and procedure-related duties in accordance with department/facility policies and procedures. This position is also responsible for a variety of clerical and administrative support functions and customer service for an assigned patient care area which promote an organized, efficient delivery of care to patients.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs a variety of tasks and functions associated with the department's daily operations, including but not limited to, greeting patients, medical staff and the public, answering incoming telephone calls, scheduling appointments, entering orders and providing general information to customers. Participates in the resolution of customer problems or collects necessary data and follows through to appropriate person for problem resolution. Refers complex inquiries to the appropriate department or staff. Provides ongoing clerical and administrative support.
2. Enters patient information into the computer, scans documents into PACS. Maintains a complete patient record with admission, transfer, and discharge information, progress notes, and consent forms. Ensures that all reports and chart forms are scanned or filed into the patient's record. Ensures that charting forms are labeled and accessible if they are needed. Maintains adequate supplies of frequently used, patient education materials. May be responsible for QC/validations. Assists in facilitating requests for patient medical records.
3. Provides support in the acquisition and distribution of digital patient records. Digitizes, formats, and uploads film-based or digital images into PACS. Maintains accurate filling system as required based on established department protocols and procedures.
4. Fulfills requests for images and reports ensuring availability in system, hard copy (film), and/or CD as required and follows proper protocols for releasing confidential patient information.
5. Receives patient in applicable systems, confirms patient demographics and insurance information and performs insurance verification when required. May be required to calculate and collect copays, deductibles, and self-pay. Totals charges on patient's super-bill at check-out. Enters pending discharges into the system. Coordinates patient appointments for procedures and treatments that may be required prior to timely discharge. Processes patient discharges. Coordinates transportation to care centers and residential homes as requested by patients or physicians.
6. Prints physician schedules, super-bills, labels and other applicable forms in preparation for next business day. Pulls and files patient charts and prepares new patient charts as needed. Prints and files transcription notes. Reconciles charge tickets to each day's schedule, identifies incomplete tickets, missing charge codes or missing diagnosis and notifies clinical staff. Forwards completed tickets and/or billing package to the business office or billing company.
7. Assists technologists and nurses in pre and post procedure room preparation by obtaining necessary supplies and assisting patients as necessary. Ensures procedure rooms are stocked appropriately. Understand sterile procedure and assists with setting up sterile trays, where applicable. Adheres to radiation safety policies. Escorts patients back to the patient exam rooms, takes vitals and patient history; may assist with patient treatment to include peripheral IV insertion, IV discontinuation and Point of Care Testing (POCT) if required by the assigned facility (completion of Banner's peripheral IV insertion course and validation of skill must be completed prior to any peripheral IV insertion and discontinuation performed. Completion of Banner's POCT education and validation of skill must be completed prior to any Point of Care Testing being performed).
8. Maintains adequate levels of office, dietary, and medical supplies and completes requisition forms when supplies need to be ordered. Reconciles supply order upon delivery.
9. This position assists in the operations of the medical imaging department under direct supervision with technologists and nurses in department. Incumbents work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with a strong focus on customer service. Must navigate a variety of separate computer programs at any given time and handle multiple demands on time. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, non-clinic providers and facilities, vendors, patients and family members.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
BLS certification is required.
Must be able to exercise good judgment, effectively communicate, and use discretion with patients, staff and the general public. Working knowledge of medical terminology and computer literacy is required. The position requires knowledge of commonly used office software and keyboarding skills. Good organizational skills are essential in prioritizing and coordinating various responsibilities simultaneously. Must have the ability to handle ongoing face-to-face contact with patients and staff while functioning in a busy medical office environment.
Prior experience as a transporter, EMT and/or nursing assistant preferred. Working knowledge of medical terminology is preferred. Previous experience working with electronic medical records and insurance is preferred. Knowledge of filing and/or retrieval systems preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R22732
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.