At Banner Health, we set leaders up to succeed. We ensure leaders have the staff and resources their vision requires. Join a nationally recognized leader that values excellence and begin making a difference in people's lives.
As the Patient Access Services Manager, you will be responsible for the management of the Patient Access Services team at Torrington Community Hospital. Located just 1-hour from Cheyenne and situated on the banks of the North Platte River, Torrington thrives on its rural pace and charm, and offers plenty of outdoor adventures. Play golf, visit the museum, participate in local cultural events and explore a wealth of recreational opportunities.
In this role, you will provide leadership support to the facility and promote excellence in the registration and centralized scheduling functions. Our Patient Access Services team members are the first faces our patients see when entering our facility, and leading the team to ensure our staff provide excellent care is a top priority! If you enjoy collaborating with others to help bring innovative and exciting change to the organization, this job is for you! In this full-time role, you'll work Monday - Friday in a day shift position. Join Banner Health in this exciting management opportunity and apply today!
Community Hospital in Torrington, Wyo. is a 25-bed critical access hospital. We take pride in providing thoughtful medical care to residents in southeast Wyoming and bordering Nebraska communities, and we live our commitment to these communities in many ways. In fact, with the recent completion of an extensive expansion and remodel initiative, we are at an exciting and pivotal point in our development. We offer an innovative environment that includes digital mammography, a state-of-the-art emergency department, electronic medical records and a computerized OB system designed to reduce the chances of complications during labor and delivery. In addition, our location in close proximity to the Black Hills, Rocky Mountains and Denver offers a wide variety of lifestyle advantages, including small town charm and limitless recreational activities.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the management and daily operation of designated registration areas. Through the effective management of the patient financial services staff, provides high quality services in patient registration, notification to third party payors, insurance verification, up-front collection, financial counseling and cashiering. Provides service excellence at each stage of the registration process, to patients, their families and medical service providers.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Under direction of PAS Sr Director and/or PAS Director, provides mentoring and clear developmental opportunities to staff. Able to demonstrate the ability to have a solid succession plan in place.
2. Selects, trains, coaches, motivates, conducts performance evaluations, and directs the workflow for the Patient Financial Services staff. Develops goals and performance expectations for staff.
3. Provides information on patient registration and scheduling to all concerned departments. Maintains ongoing positive communications with patients, staff, physicians and other third parties to provide information or resolve issues.
4. Maximizes cash flow by maintaining and monitoring the protocols and activities associated with the financial management of the patient account, including point of service cash and timely authorizations.
5. Develops, maintains and adheres to the annual departmental budget. Prepares departmental schedule to ensure appropriate staffing levels at all times while remaining within budget guidelines.
6. Provides effective leadership and education to staff in order to meet designated accuracy, compliance and productivity goals using available statistical standards. Provides appropriate training and developmental opportunities to staff in order to meet all established goals and to minimize registration initiated initial denials.
7. Proactively engages in process improvement. Identifies needs, updates and improves work processes and methods. Provides opportunities for strategic departmental improvements and communicates suggestions appropriately.
8. Ensures new hires are properly onboarded. This includes successful training/precepting and auditing new hire work at 100% until new hire is consistently meeting performance standards. Auditing can be delegated as a mentoring opportunity, but responsibility of successful onboarding belongs to leader. Ensures there all staff have clear expectations (including BSS). Ensures there is accountability to expectations that are set including counseling/disciplinary action and termination of assigned staff (including BSS).
9. Works independently under general supervision. Manages structured processes and makes independent decisions within defined parameters. Participates in various facility and system-wide process improvement teams. The internal customers include hospital-based physicians and all hospital departments. The external customers include patients, physicians, general public, third party payors and vendors. Has management responsibility for the department 24/7. This position has responsibility for multiple fast paced, high volume departments which include multiple functions within a single facility.
Must possess a strong knowledge of healthcare business operations as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or related field.
Two or more years of supervisory experience coupled with extensive hospital registration experience and demonstrated leadership skills. Requires advanced mathematical skills. Must have a thorough knowledge of managed care contracts, other third-party payors, AHCCCS if applicable, and Medicare, along with knowledge of medical terminology. Requires the ability to make independent, on the spot decisions, to resolve problems as they arise and to anticipate and prevent future problems. Requires the ability to manage both supervisory and customer service staff multiple staff members and multiple levels of staff members having different supervisory responsibilities, the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, and to effectively use common office software. Must have effective human relations and interpersonal skills.
CHAM certification preferred. Strong abilities in patient financial services database use and reporting.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R21284
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.