Finance Banner Health Network (BHN) is an accountable care organization that joins Arizona's largest health care provider, Banner Health, and an extensive network of primary care and specialty physicians to provide the most comprehensive healthcare solutions for Maricopa County and parts of Pinal County. Through BHN, known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models, insurance plans and physicians are coming together to work collaboratively to keep members in optimal health, while reducing costs.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides expertise on Finance, cost accounting and business analytics using highly complex system applications, working with large databases and other advanced analytical tools utilizing advanced knowledge of statistics, predictive modeling and data mining. This position proactively identifies new opportunities for the organization to improve on, using advanced Analytical and reporting approaches and methods. Is the subject matter expert in Cost accounting, highly complex system applications and leads project teams. This includes analyzing highly complex data and building complex reports and/or data repositories and other presentation materials. Develops enhanced methods of data analysis which facilitates both quality and efficiency. Responsible for creating functional documentation, reviewing technical documentation, system configuration, creating training materials and leading cross functional teams through projects and/or issues to achieve desired results.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Conduct analyses / models that will clearly articulate and report Banner business performance metrics (KPIs) and identify new opportunities and risk-factors with recommendation for areas of focus and operational improvement across the full continuum of Banner organizations and services, such as acute, physician group, post-acute, ambulatory services etc. Conducts extensive predictive modeling and data mining.
2. Develop a strong relationship with business and technology partners and collaborate in several areas, including reporting design, system optimization, programming complex models, transferring large data feeds, and staying current on emerging technology related to all financial systems.
3. Establish and define processes, documentation and standards for data quality, and provide expert advice to end users on data access to ensure adherence to critical operating deadlines.
4. Partner across continuum of care and various functional areas to understand internal customer needs related to service excellence, including but not limited to data, technology and reporting needs and determine the appropriate course of action, and make recommendations in an actionable format including to senior management, to achieve desired business results.
5. Facilitate cross-functional teams and/or leads projects with regional or company-wide scope to implement system or policy changes, determine policies and manage process improvement and redesign. This may also include providing oversight, general work direction or leadership to individuals on the team. Creates presentations and/or reports for management involving significant detailed analysis of multiple or highly complex data sources.
6. Perform analysis of highly complex customer needs. Manages and supports the identification and research of new developments and uses of current systems and applications, as well as upgraded systems and applications to meet customer needs. Products may include but are not limited to; online applications and complex reports.
7. Maintain optimal operation of departmental application in partnership with IT or external software vendor, as appropriate. This may include leading the implementation, maintenance, testing and/or functional design. Coordinate activities of any third-party data or research vendors to manage quality and consistent reports, always looking for enhancements.
8. Keeps current on industry and regulatory/compliance issues within assigned areas. Provides system and reporting consultation on these issues to customers.
9. This position makes decisions using policies and guidelines but must demonstrate expertise in applying solution to non-standard or routine situations.
Must possess a bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Computer Sciences or related field.
Must have significant knowledge of cross functional departments in order to serve as a liaison and provide relevant guidance or leadership as well as strong project management skills. A level of experience as would typically be obtained in no less than seven years working with extremely complex data environments and/ or systems. Must demonstrate ability to lead complex projects and cross-functional teams to resolve, implement or reach consensus on issues. Advanced business or clinical knowledge and demonstrated ability to utilize technical skills to resolve organizational needs. Demonstrated advanced data mining and predictive modeling skills. Advanced knowledge of Financial and managerial accounting, statistical methodology/analysis and regression modeling required. Thorough working knowledge of applicable software and/or database applications. Advanced organizational skills as well as impeccable oral and written communication and human relation skills are required.
Experience with department specific software, including advanced integrated or independent report writing applications. Healthcare experience preferred. A Master's degree or higher in relevant field is preferred
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R21441
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.