Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
In this role you will be joining a new and growing team at Banner Health, who handle all of the Prior Authorizations for our Banner Imaging Team . In this role you are responsible for verifying eligibility, verification of covered benefits and obtain medical authorizations prior to the patient's scheduled appointment. You will need to monitor and resolve all prior authorization and benefit verification issues prior to the date of the scheduled exam. You will be required to learn the guidelines of the insurance companies assigned to you. We are in constant communication with the scheduling dept, medical offices, insurance companies and ordering Physicians so excellent customer services skills are a must. Knowledge of medical terminology, CPT and ICD-10 codes is helpful.
This is a fast paced, high volume, team orientated position, that works Monday - Friday, 9am-5:30pm
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for obtaining and processing all pertinent clinical information needed for the authorization of professional and medical services. The position responds to patient referrals and works insurance companies to pre-certify services based on the patient's benefit plan.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Responds to patient referrals for tests, procedures, and specialty visits. Obtains authorizations required by various payors; including verification of patient demographic information, codes, dates of service, and clinical data. Re-certifies services when necessary.
2. Authorizes and schedules appointments. Answers questions regarding the authorization process and supplies information to physicians, patients, and third party payers. May, depending on department/location, inform patients about necessary preparation for procedure or test.
3. Provides necessary information regarding authorization numbers and patient demographic information to appropriate staff, including billing. Provides information about the referral process to physician and staff and informs them of eligibility issues. Works with staff and patients regarding denials and appeals.
4. Documents and maintains records of all referral activity and authorizations.
5. Performs other related duties as assigned. This may include cross-coverage in other areas.
6. This position has frequent communications with patients, physicians, staff, and third party payers. The position must work with and understand the concepts of managed health care and be able to prioritize tasks within established guidelines with moderate supervision.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
Must be proficient with commonly used office software.
One or more years of experience normally gained in a medical office or insurance environment. Previous knowledge of managed care concepts. Working knowledge of medical terminology and ICD9 and CPT codes.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.