Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Located just 1-hour from Cheyenne and situated on the banks of the North Platte River, Torrington thrives on its rural pace and charm, and offers plenty of outdoor adventures. Play golf, visit the museum, participate in local cultural events and explore a wealth of recreational opportunities.
Torrington Community Hospital is looking for a Diagnostic Scheduler to join their dynamic team! In this role, you will be scheduling patients for a variety of departments, obtaining prior authorizations, and helping out in other areas of Patient Access Services as needed. If you like connecting with patients and their families to provide excellent customer service, this role is for you! This is a full time 40 hour a week position with a shift of Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 5:30pm.
Community Hospital in Torrington, Wyo. is a 25-bed critical access hospital. We take pride in providing thoughtful medical care to residents in southeast Wyoming and bordering Nebraska communities, and we live our commitment to these communities in many ways. In fact, with the recent completion of an extensive expansion and remodel initiative, we are at an exciting and pivotal point in our development. We offer an innovative environment that includes digital mammography, a state-of-the-art emergency department, electronic medical records and a computerized OB system designed to reduce the chances of complications during labor and delivery. In addition, our location in close proximity to the Black Hills, Rocky Mountains and Denver offers a wide variety of lifestyle advantages, including small town charm and limitless recreational activities.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for scheduling patient treatments or diagnostic procedures for assigned area. Activities include pre-registration; receiving physician orders, insurance verification, gathering pre-authorizations and pre-certifications. Maintains records and produces statistical reports as required. May distribute educational materials to patients and families if needed in assigned department.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Receives physician orders and seeks clarification, if necessary. Verifies insurance, obtains pre-authorizations and per-certifications. Answers all telephone inquiries related to scheduling.
2. Schedules patients for treatments or diagnostic procedures using computerized scheduling systems. Resolves scheduling conflicts, as needed. Documents all information regarding patient re-schedules.
3. Enters patient information in computerized scheduling system and gathers information and modifies records, as needed to maintain current database. Prepares charts and manages files within regulatory requirements. Compiles and reports statistical data, if needed by the assigned department.
4. Distributes educational materials to patients and families, when necessary. Responds to diverse questions or refers to appropriate clinical staff.
5. Provides administrative support to the assigned unit when required.
6. Incumbents in this position interface with physicians and their office staff, patients and family members and clinical staff and co-workers. Schedulers must have an understanding of what is entailed in the procedures and treatments that they schedule, physician preferences, and special needs related to particular diagnosis or age of the patients being served. Must be able to work with minimal supervision, set priorities and maintain highly confidential information.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
The position also requires skills and abilities typically attained with 2 years of medical clerical experience; preferably in a hospital central scheduling or physician office scheduling setting. Medical terminology is required. Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills.
Must be proficient with commonly used office software and computers and possess the ability to use computerized scheduling systems. Must be able to maintain accurate statistical records, gather data, and produce reports.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.