ED RN Assistant Nurse Manager AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
Location Address:2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
Up to $35k sign on bonus
From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assists the Manager/Director in development, implementation and evaluation of on-going service programs which assure quality nursing, and patient care programs consistent with the hospital mission.
· Assists the Manager/Director to monitor/maintain unit compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
· Collaborates with Manager/Director to oversee unit PI program that monitors and evaluates aspects of care.
· Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow-through and communication.
· Collaborates with the Manager/Director to a service that is consistent with the patient care beliefs and shared management philosophy of the department.
· Rounds with patients/families through leader rounds, lead requests, primary nurse request, or direct family request. Assesses patient/families survey responses regarding nursing care and services.
· Responsible for ongoing development of staff and unit specific patient care programs.
· Shares responsibility with the Manager/Director for effective communication horizontally and vertically within the organization.
· In collaboration with the Manager/Director, is responsible for effective and efficient fiscal management of department operations to ensure proper utilization of organizational and financial resources.
· In collaboration with the Manager/Director, is responsible for department’s operational excellence; assures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
· Manages human resources to ensure quality services and promote positive employee relations.
· Effectively communicates departmental, organization, and industry information to staff in a timely manner.
· Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job-related hazards.
· Follows the hospitals exposure control plans.
· Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
· Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter and intra-departmentally to facilitate the department’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
· In collaboration with unit lead, manages patient placement, facilities, and resources.
· Serves as a role model and resource to staff.
· Participates in the development of nursing staff.
· Maintains current knowledge/certification/licensure per hospital policy. Pursues professional growth and development.
KNOWLEDGE/CERTIFICATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Must be able to use a high level of abstract reasoning to assess patient, evaluate interventions, and revise plan of care according to patient outcomes.
Basic computer skills – must be able to navigate Microsoft windows based programs.
Supervision experience and skills required.
Maintains current license and knowledge of nursing care requirements for all patients on the unit. Assesses need for personal growth and development and takes the initiative in seeking opportunities to meet this need.
Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
Supports staff involvement in project teams/committees as evidenced by discussion in minutes.
Projects are completed with consideration for quality, practice and educational components.
Participates in or chairs projects or committees as volunteered or assigned.
Consults with patients/families through primary nurse request, direct family request and/or direct assessment of patient/family response to hospitalization. Assesses patient/significant other survey responses regarding nursing care and services.
Collaborates with the department of education and training to plan for orientation of new personnel and unit specific education/in-service as documented.
Monitors the mandatory educational activities of personnel on the unit to ensure individual and unit compliance.
Meets with the director on an ongoing basis to discuss plans, progress, problems, and needs of unit.
In collaboration with the director, is responsible for effective and efficient fiscal management of department operations to ensure proper utilization of organizational and financial resources.
Manages hours worked, including overtime for all unit personnel.
Monitors and controls supply use.
In collaboration with the leader, is responsible for department’s operational excellence; assures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and professional standards.
Collaborates with the nurse leader to establish department policies and procedures that reflect the organization’s standards.
Manages human resources to ensure quality services and promote positive employee relations.
Maintains effective and appropriate staffing by monitoring employee turnover, overtime and absenteeism.
Employee performance appraisals are completed thoroughly and submitted on time, as assigned.
Follows human resources policies to implement progressive discipline, when necessary.
Collaborates with human resources on the recruitment and selection of qualified employment candidates.
Communication with staff is effective, resolving conflicts that may hamper relations and productivity, as observed by nurse leader.
Attends and/or leads codes according to policy.
Oversees scheduling as directed by leader.
Is recognized as a positive role model in living the AH mission.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Thorough understanding of hospital policies, procedures and legal aspects of acute care nursing
· Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
· Basic computer skills, including experience with an Electronic Health Record
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Cerner documentation skills preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing upon hire
Minimum of 2 years nursing experience upon hire
Active Florida RN or APRN license required upon hire.
Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or RQI upon hire.
Current American Heart Association Advanced Life Support (ACLS) certification or RQI upon hire.
Current American Heart Association PALS certification or RQI upon hire.
Current NIHSS Certification upon hire.
AVADE Education within 90 days of hire date.
8 hours Stroke Education within 6 months of hire date, then annually.
8 hours Hip & Knee Replacement / Spine Education within 6 months of hire date, then annually.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Five or more years of current clinical experience preferred
· Master’s degree in health related field preferred
· Five years of hospital experience preferred
· BSN or a plan to enroll in a BSN program preferred
The Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) is a registered professional nurse who has the most direct impact on the care and services that patients and families require throughout their hospital experience. The Assistant Nurse Manager is directly responsible for the continual operation of a specified nursing unit. The Assistant Nurse Manager is able to demonstrate critical thinking skills, creativity, and has the knowledge to manage resources to achieve quality performance, positive employee relations, and compliance with hospital guidelines. The Assistant Nurse Manager is skilled in coaching, motivating, mentoring, and leading a professional and technical team in the delivery of services for our patient population. The Assistant Nurse Manager directly monitors that quality of care is delivered to our patients and demonstrates effective stewardship of resources. The Assistant Nurse Manager is the change agent for the assigned areas of responsibility and are responsible for implementing any changes that the unit is required to undergo in conjunction with their Manager/Director. The Assistant Nurse Manager actively participates in outstanding customer service, including service to patients, families, physicians, and other contacts, and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.