Front Office/Certified Medical Assistant AdventHealth Medical Group West Florida
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Medical Group West Florida
Will Be Responsible For:
Provides back up to all front office positions; check in, check out, and medical records
Provides data and assistance to Practice Manager / Office Coordinator as required
Performs clinical responsibilities as assigned/needed.
Communicates in a cordial, professional manner with patients via phone and in person to meet the patient’s needs as soon as possible
Sets up office for daily operation by turning on computers, ensuring schedules are printed, and retrieving voice mail messages
Maintains correspondence, including: progress notes and new patient packets
Updates referring physician database when necessary
Assesses new patient files waiting to be seen and appropriately handles old patient files
Assembles/creates charts for new patients, ensuring policy of noting allergy warnings and two methods of identification are followed
• Verifies patient data and insurance to ensure it is updated for accurate billing, inputting updated information into system as required
Constructs insurance copies for proper insurance verification with new patients as requested
Assists with correspondence in obtaining medical necessity letters to appropriate insurance company or business entity
Enters charges for daily reconciliation
Handles patient concerns or refers to administration appropriately
Assists patient via scheduling to obtain appointment as a first-time patient and handles reschedule list when necessary
What You Will Need:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Proficient with computer programs with word processing: PowerPoint, Excel, Word
• Demonstrates interpersonal skills by effectively communicating with all levels of management, staff and outside vendors
• Strong emphasis on organizational skills and strong attention to detail and ability to multi task.
• Ability to deal with data that is of a sensitive and confidential nature (HIPAA).
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Displays professional interactions with all levels of internal and external customers.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Competent in basic patient work-up for examination.
• Good medical knowledge to assist doctor during patient exams.
• Ability to keep process and patient flow on time
• Good business office organizational skills.
• Ability to adapt to change.
• High School Graduate or equivalent
• Medical Assistant with one or more years of experience in physician office or clinical setting
• American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) Certification, American Medical Technologist (AMT) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), or National Association for Healthcare Professionals (NAHP) is required when transferring into this position within 90 days upon hire.
• Current, valid CPR certification is required (BLS).
Provides operational office support in delivery of patient care in a physician office environment. Responsible for answering phones, scheduling appointments, processing medical records, scheduling out-patient procedures, check-in and check-out patients, insurance verification and obtaining referrals & authorizations from Primary Care Physician and/or insurance carrier.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.