Banner Health believes leadership matters, and we look for people who share our vision making health care easier, so life can be better. Our leaders are at the front of the health care transformation, planning the future of Banner Health.
Banner Telehealth provides telehealth services to more than 3,400 providers across primary care and most major medical specialties, including specialists from Banner MD Anderson Cancer Centers and Banner - University institutes like Banner Alzheimer's Institute. Banner Telehealth focuses on providing cross-continuum teleservices including remote monitoring of patients throughout the Banner system, including individuals in their homes. This investment in technology, people, and processes to improve patient access and outcomes provides yet another example of how Banner is a national leader in healthcare.
This is a full time 40 hr exempt position, Mon-Fri 8am-5pm and will be responsible for monitoring usage of telehealth throughout the system, provide training and utilization of platform, feedback for continued usage, Cerner integration, with insuring proper use per compliance and regulatory.
The position is based out of our Phoenix AZ Corporate office, with oversight for all telehealth locations.
Banner Health leverages telehealth technology to improve patient care and support the rapid changes within the health care environment. Regardless of patient location, The Banner telehealth team responds to requests for help from bedside care teams, monitors for adverse trends and intervenes before adverse trends become adverse outcomes, monitors and supports "best practice" compliance and measures clinical outcomes.
POSITION SUMMARY This position promotes and provides optimal care of patients in a designated program (Joint replacement, Stroke, Pain, etc.) through leadership, coordination and development of processes related to the Program. Provides broad oversight and assists other leaders to establish, oversee, conduct and evaluate quality improvement for the program which spans the continuum of care of the patient and focuses on patient outcomes. Enhances the Program though the coordination of daily operations, community education and activities using a comprehensive team approach. Ensures program compliance with regulatory and insurance standards.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Develops and maintains a comprehensive, effective clinical program which meets regulatory standards. Collaborates with physicians in the development of standardized patient care plans. Promotes comprehensive treatment approach working with multidisciplinary team to effectively manage patient care through the continuum and provide quality outcomes.
2. Monitors and measures care plan results and patient outcomes. Reviews trends, identifies opportunities and provides leadership with analysis and recommendations for process improvement across entire episode of the patient process. Enhances patient experience across the overall continuum of care.
3. In collaboration with other department leaders, assists in oversight of ongoing daily operations. Researches and recommends changes and improvements with a primary focus on patient outcomes. Oversees resource utilization regarding staff, fiscal management, and quality patient care.
4. Develops, coordinates and oversees community education program. Assesses clinical staff training needs and implements training programs to ensure clinical competence.
5. Develops and monitors financial budget of the program ensuring appropriate utilization of resources including staff, materials and equipment.
6. Assists with selection, evaluation and management of program staff members and effectively facilitates direct patient care for the ongoing viability and success of the program.
7. Position is facility based has broad oversight for the development, success and financial viability of the program. Interacts with all levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External customers include physicians, payers, community agencies, provider networks and regulatory agencies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Depending on area of focus, this position may require licensed Physical Therapist, Registered Nurse, or graduate of an accredited school of program specialty.
Requires current licensure in state of practice as applicable.
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with 5 years of clinical experience in area of specialty. Requires excellent leadership skills and an ability to interact well across departments, facilities, and organizations. Excellent program management skills to effectively provide broad clinical and quality oversight while maintaining fiscal viability and success of program.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Prior supervisory or program management experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.